Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Posting Toy

When little bear was about 10 months old, we realised he liked putting things in and taking them out again. I turned to my trusty Imagination Tree and adapted a maths game slightly to indulge this new passion. I just cut 5 holes in a shoe box lid big enough for a milk bottle lid. I covered it with a piece of white paper because there was writing on the box. I coloured round each hole with a colour to match the different types of milk (full fat, semi skimmed, skimmed and 1% I think).



My mother in law came over one afternoon and saw the box in action. She mentioned at her work that little bear's favourite things were milk bottle lids, and lots of people she works with started collecting them. We now have more than we know what to do with!

Hours of fun with a shoe box and some bottle tops. He doesn't get the colours yet, but he can grow into that part. We did begin to regret making him this however when we found this outside the back door for a few weeks. As an extension of the shoe box, little bear had posted some toys through the cat flap :)



No comments:

Post a Comment