Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

Play Kitchen Project

Today, little bear and I went to a play centre so Daddy could clean the house (double winning in my book!) They have play kitchens with food, pots and pans. Bear had a great time opening and closing the doors, putting things in and taking them out, bringing things to me in the process. I've been thinking for a while about making him a kitchen from a tv cabinet or similar. Kinda like this


From http://www.hillebrandphotographyblog.com
/2013/04/selahs-play-kitchen/

I've spent the last hour or so trawling ebay, gumtree and local Facebook selling groups to find the most appropriate piece of furniture with little success. I will keep looking and hopefully something will come up.

I have primer and white gloss in the shed but might get some tester pots to paint it. I'll need to get a silver bowl for the sink and I saw somewhere to use a 'J' decoupage letter upside down as the taps. I might get some cork coasters/ mats for the hobs, painted black.

I've also just been searching felt and crochet food to make sure Bear's kitchen is fully stocked. I have measuring cups that might work as pans, depending on the scale.

I'm getting really excited about this, even though it might not end up being very frugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment