Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Card Catalogue

Before little bear was old enough to do much more than bat at his playmat and roll over, I got excited about all the fun things I could do with him one day like painting, nature walks, counting games, science experiments and lots more.

To keep a record of all the great ideas I found online and thought of, I created a filing system of record cards. (I have an underlying fear that my bookmarks and Facebook likes will one day randomly disappear so I wanted to have an old fashioned, paper copy).

Ī

The box is the bottom of a lunch bar box which just happened to be the right size. I covered it with some paper I had in my craft stash.


I really had way too much fun doing this! I decided on 6 colour coded categories; sensory, science and nature, maths, language and literacy, arts, and water. I made tabs by cutting off part of the header and drew up a key. Each page has a 'What you will need' list and a method, and an indication of whether it's an inside or outside activity. I spent many a happy hour colouring with felt tips, making everything neat.

When telling you about these activities, I will endeavour to track back to the appropriate source or link but will explain and apologise if I can't find where the idea came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment