Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

Lunchtime Lethargy

Up until recently, Little Bear would have sandwichey bits for lunch - bread, cheese, ham, cucumber, sometimes avocado,  and some fruit for afters. However, over the last few weeks, he has stopped eating most of these things including cheese which was his favourite! So I have had to come up with some other ideas, which are quick and easy to prepare as we are often out in the mornings and rush home to get lunch. Cost is a factor, obviously, and to be honest, I don't want to spend my whole day cooking; making a main evening meal is enough.

Eggs have been a hit generally. Scrambled, omelette and eggy bread go down well.

I want to become better at planning for leftovers. We had pasta bake a couple of nights ago but there was none left.

I thought I'd try some soups, seeing as Bear is getting really good with a spoon. Today I made vegetable (1 carrot, 1 leek and 2 small potatoes, and a stock cube). It cost way under £1 for a pan full that will feed both of us for 2 days. Well, that was the plan anyway. Little Bear wouldn't eat it :( So for his lunch he had some crackers, a rice cake and a satsuma. A really balanced meal.

I liked it anyway. 

What do you do for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment